Start making a difference today
A career at Sapphire Water is as rewarding as it is challenging. Working with a small but spirited company means your contributions make a big impact to our organization, and the decisions you make matter. You will be involved in a variety of unique projects in different industries, but most importantly, you will directly help communities overcome the challenges they face to provide safe drinking water to community members and treated wastewater back to the environment.
LOCATION: Humboldt, Saskatchewan
REPORTING TO: Electrical Supervisor
Sapphire Water is seeking to hire an apprentice electrician for the Industrial, Commercial, Service and Maintenance sector, primarily in the water and waste water treatment, process & manufacturing industry. Key responsibilities while working under the direction of a journeyman electrician will include, but are not limited to:
- Reading and interpreting drawings (electrical, mechanical, architectural), circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations;
- Testing to ensure compatibility and safety of systems following installation, replacement or repair;
- Trouble-shooting and isolating faults in electrical and electronic systems;
- Installing, replacing, and repairing fixtures, electrical controls and distribution equipment;
- Proper cutting, threading, bending, assembly and installation of conduits and other types of electrical conductor enclosures and fittings;
- Positioning, maintaining and installing distribution and control equipment such as switches, relays, circuit breaker panels and fuse enclosures;
- Pulling wire and installing data cable, splicing, joining, and connecting wire to form circuits.
To meet the challenge of this role, we are seeking an energetic, extremely organized self- starter who enjoys a challenge. The ideal candidate will possess solid skills in written and oral communication, problem-solving, trouble-shooting and proven ability to adapt when challenged.
Applicants must be working towards their Red Seal Inter-Provincial Journeyman Electrician certification under the Red Seal program. Previous experience in an industrial or commercial environment would be beneficial. This position will require the ability to work independently or as part of a team and so the candidate must possess strong, dependable work ethics. Candidate must provide a basic set of hand tools including a battery powered drill and be prepared to travel to remote locations to perform their responsibilities. A clean driver’s abstract will be a condition of employment.
Control & Automation Programmer
LOCATION: Humboldt or Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
REPORTING TO: Automation Supervisor
We are looking for an experienced Programmer / Instrumentation professional to join our team. This contract role presents an opportunity for the successful incumbent to work from their own home office in Saskatoon or out of our office in Humboldt, SK. Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Configuring and programming most major brands of PLC, HMI/SCADA equipment, including Schneider, Allen-Bradley, Citect, GE, etc., with a focus on water and waste water treatment processes;
- Programming in Ladder Logic language;
- Writing code, procedures and operations and maintenance manuals;
- Troubleshooting and maintaining control systems, electrical systems, wiring diagrams, and industrial networks;
- On-site installations and commissioning;
- Practical experience in instrument calibration, selection, maintenance and setup is required.
- Updating and developing AutoCAD drawings;
- Travelling to site locations and assisting in servicing/troubleshooting performance problems associated with the product line and installations;
- Analyzing and making recommendations to improve processes;
- Training operators and introducing new equipment as well as providing training on the operation of existing Sapphire equipment;
- Timely and accurately completing system records.
- Requirement to work out of the Humboldt office a minimum one day per week. Willingness to occasionally travel to regional offices and client sites as required;
- Membership or eligibility for membership with either the Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET) or the Saskatchewan Applied Science Technologists and Technicians (SASTT) association, and;
- Valid driver’s license.
To meet the challenge of this role, we are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, extremely organized self- starter with outstanding customer service skills. The ideal candidate will have a minimum 10 years’ experience in electronic engineering and automation technology or a related field. ESET or Instrumentation Tech educational backgrounds are both acceptable. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and be prepared to travel to client sites including remote locations. Strong computer skills are essential, and experience with networking and communications equipment (wired and wireless) is an asset. A high level of proficiency in both oral and written communication skills is a must.
To submit your resume for future consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.