Start making a difference today
A career at Sapphire Water is as rewarding as it is challenging. Working with a small but spirited company means your contributions make a big impact to our organization, and the decisions you make matter. You will be involved in a variety of unique projects in different industries, but most importantly, you will directly help communities overcome the challenges they face to provide safe drinking water to community members and treated wastewater back to the environment.
Control & Automation Programmer (6-Month Contract)
LOCATION: Humboldt, Saskatchewan
REPORTING TO: Automation Supervisor
We are looking for an experienced Programmer / Instrumentation professional to join our team for a 6-month term with the possibility of extension. Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Configuring and programming most major brands of PLC, HMI/SCADA equipment, including Schneider, Allen-Bradley, Citect, GE, etc., with a focus on water and waste water treatment processes;
- Programming in Ladder Logic language;
- Writing code, procedures and operations and maintenance manuals;
- Troubleshooting and maintaining control systems, electrical systems, wiring diagrams, and industrial networks;
- On-site installations and commissioning;
- Practical experience in instrument calibration, selection, maintenance and setup is required.
- Updating and developing AutoCAD drawings;
- Travelling to site locations and assisting in servicing/troubleshooting performance problems associated with the product line and installations;
- Analyzing and making recommendations to improve processes;
- Training operators and introducing new equipment as well as providing training on the operation of existing Sapphire equipment;
- Timely and accurately completing system records.
This position will work closely with all areas within Sapphire Water and will liaise between clients and management. This individual must ensure timely and effective delivery of services and supplies.
To meet the challenge of this role, we are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, extremely organized self-starter with outstanding customer service skills. The ideal candidate will have a minimum 10 years’ experience in electronic engineering and automation technology or a related field. ESET or Instrumentation Tech educational backgrounds are both acceptable. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and be prepared to travel to client sites including remote locations. Strong computer skills are essential, and experience with networking and communications equipment (wired and wireless) is an asset. A high level of proficiency in both oral and written communication skills is a must.
LOCATION: Watson, Saskatchewan
REPORTING TO: Manager, Operations
The Service Technician is responsible for servicing and installing residential R/O systems and water softeners and for providing maintenance and service of systems to ensure effective and efficient water process operation. This is an opportunity for someone to join our organization on a 6-month term with the possibility to extend.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Handle outside service calls, installations and in-shop repairs;
- Manufacture and fabricate water treatment equipment;
- Install and service residential rental and purchased water treatment equipment, including in home/under-sink R/O units and water softening units;
- Monitor parts usage and requisition replacement parts;
- Ensure that the warehouse and compound are well-maintained which includes emptying garbage cans, sweeping the shop floor and keeping the area clean;
- Complete pickup and delivery in town and surrounding area;
- Ensure that the maintenance of the service vehicles is kept up to date and they are fueled regularly and washer fluid is topped up regularly;
- Ensure that the necessary paperwork for each fabrication, installation and repair is completed immediately;
- Out of town travel will also be required from time to time;
- Ensure that the policies and practices of the Employee Policy Manual and Health and Safety Manual are followed;
- Other duties as assigned.
To meet the challenge of this role, we are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, extremely organized self-starter who enjoys multi-tasking. Applicants must have a high school diploma, must be mechanically inclined and preferably have previous repair experience. A high level of proficiency in both oral and written communication skills on all technical and business levels is a must. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of water treatment, fittings, pumps, tools, trouble shooting, electric motors, etc. and have general knowledge of basic electrical and wiring. Applicants must be able to drive an automobile and have possession of a valid driver’s license.
To submit your resume for future consideration, please email email@example.com.